Here’s a thing I did for a Canadian music blog!
Loooooooooads of stuff happening with the upcoming EP. I’m really excited and I’m not just saying that because it’ll have my songs on it. Like/reblog this if you want me to post a new thing (not from the EP).
Dog On A Swing headlines-
1) Tendon still a little bumpy, but tentatively playing guitar again.
2) Finished writing my first song* of 2013 after what felt like an eternity (I average a new song about once every 3 weeks).
3) Lots of other things that are coming up Milhouse but can’t announce yet.
* The first Dog On A Swing piece I finished in 2013 is an instrumental called Stoofvlees. You can stream that here.
So you might chuckle that I drew a red circle around my swollen tendon on my right hand, but rest assured it is there and I definitely don’t want it swelling any further. Yesterday, I saw a doctor who confirmed my search-engine-assisted self-diagnosis. Fortunately, it should be fixed by rest and daily Ibuprofen. Unfortunately, this means no guitar playing for two weeks.
“But Ed,” a figment of my imagination cries, “aren’t you meant to be hosting Colin Donati at the Listening Room this very Sunday?” Yes, yes I am. I’ve also been blessed with some sniffles and wheezes, but come hell or high water I will be starting the night off with one or two Dog On A Swing songs minus guitar. Details of that night are here.
Thanks to everyone who came out for the Dog On A Swing feature weekend just past. James Whyte (pictured left in the second photo) is also working with me on my proper debut EP, On Love. I’ve talked about it for a while but there are some very encouraging things happening behind the scenes, especially once my hand recovers. In the meantime, the best place to hear my music is the Soundcloud page.
Finally, my friend Anaïs graces Tumblr with her exceptional writing. Keen-eyed followers may have seen Anaïs’ piece on my cover of Hot Hot Heat’s ‘No, Not Now’ but treat yourself to more of her prose and thank me later.
Dog On A Swing- The Romance Of Love (live at The Listening Room)
Two things prompted me to upload this-
1) My FEATURE WEEKEND EXTRAVAGANZA starting on Saturday at Out Of The Bedroom (Kilderkin) and Sunday at The Listening Room (Blue Blazer). Deets/RSVP here
2) The BBC published an article today that discusses some of the ideas behind writing the song above.
Peace and cat GIFs,
My name is Ed and I play music under the name of Dog On A Swing. I am looking to bring in musicians on a fluid and flexible basis, so I’m delighted James Whyte will be backing me for some songs. The last time I featured at The Listening Room, I was able to record the set by phone and the resulting EP is imaginatively titled At The Listening Room. I will have plenty of CD-R copies on the night, but you can stream and download the whole thing for free here. I’m working on a recorded EP too, so you’ll hear all the songs from that as well as a brand new song I haven’t played live yet. See you there!
THIS SUNDAY, 8PM!