Love is nothing like tug of war
But love is fluent in the language of rope
Love is the art of giving and receiving slack
This was recorded by the Portsmouth Sinfonia in an experiment where all the members of the orchestra would swap instruments with each other and attempt to play them to the best of their ability.
favorite things about this
- literally all the brass starts to get the hang of it and then the crescendos happen and everyone is like FUCK FUCK FUCK??? FUCK. JUST. BLOW RLY HARD.
- the strings are lazy but also the same. like u can tell a lot of the ppl w/ the stringed instruments may already basically know how to play stringed instruments. like there’s definitely a section at the beginning where you hear a good portion going “oh yeah this is like. a smaller/bigger version of what i do.”
- all you hear of any woodwinds is just “pffffttt??? pFFFTTTT???? PFFFFFTTTT I SAID PFFFFTTTT!!!!!” bc woodwinds are fucking HARD and you hear after like the first crescendo half of them just give up. they give up. they’re done. fuck this it tastes weird and my lips hurt.
- that trumpet. that person is fucking TRYING man they fucking GOT this. they may not have figured out notes but they figured out LOUD and they GOT this.
I JUST DIED
I SEARCHED THIS POST FOR AGES OH MY GOD
This is amazing.
(Source: skypevevo)Played 3187739 times.
"tea is just leaf water!" "yeah well coffee is just bean water!" wow, it’s. it’s like everything is made of things. this door is just wood rectangle. this poster is just ink paper. this lemonade is just lemon water. wow, it’s like you can combine ingredients to make things that are more enjoyable than the initial parts of the equation. sure is a magical world we live in
The Mountain Goats - The Best Ever Death Metal Band Out Of Denton (live, piano)
Last night I finished reading John Darnielle’s book he wrote for the 33 1/3 series, Master of Reality, after the Black Sabbath album of the same name. It’s about a teenager locked up in a psych ward writing in a diary his Councillors have encouraged him to write in. Being sixteen, he talks a lot about his world, who he is, by trying to explain to his Councillors where’s he’s coming from through talking about this album. It’s a really great read, and really struck a chord with me for reasons I’m still trying to digest. Anyway, this song, from what I’ve gathered reading about the book online, is a sort of prequel to the book, certainly thematically, and it’s wonderful <3
Best.Played 110 times.
“No chemicals!” The label on a container reads. I open it and I am stunned. It is truly devoid of chemicals, they have finally done it, finally created a pure vacuum unmarred even when exposed to matter. Quantum physics must be rewritten. Scientists everywhere stand in awe at such a feat.
1) Figure out how to balance “virtuous” with “not giving a fuck.”
2) Find the good guys and stick with them while the bad guys continue to take advantage of people and fight over money and pretend to be your friend.
3) Be honest always but never mean under the guise of being honest. Be kind but don’t be a pushover.
5) Embrace strength without oppression.
6) Be a better judge of character and see the assholes for who they are. Don’t be so naive but don’t get bitter. It’s a hard balance; a life-long process. Also: a lot of nice people will promise you things but most won’t deliver. Doesn’t mean they’re bad people. Flakiness is a huge part of the human condition. Be gentle with people.
7) Always stick up for those who can’t do so themselves. You’ll know an unfair fight when you see one. Don’t stand for it.